Sunday, September 13, 2009

iPod Touch 3G and iPod Nano 5G Hands On

Today, I bring you sad news and great news!

Sad: My iPod Touch got delayed in the mail. :(

Great news: At my local Apple Retail Store, the new iPods are available! So I went down there to check them out myself.

iPod Touch 3G

The first thing I noticed when using the 3G is there is NO lag. None whatsoever. It's very very nice to have. Second thing I noticed is how quick games loaded, especially graphic-extensive games like Sims 3. I tried out the accessibility features like voiceover and screen zoom and they both work wonderfully, just like on the iPhone 3GS. I didn't get to try out the Voice Command feature as it was too loud in the store, but overall the experience was fantastic!

iPod Nano 5G

The iPod Nano 5G looks way nicer than before. While it still has it's aluminum finish, it's much more polished, meaning a shinier iPod! :) The video camera placement still slightly makes me cringe, as my hand just kept getting in the way of the lens. (I have small hands) I didn't get to try out the Radio or Genius Mix feature as 1: No headphones were plugged in (The headphones serve as an antennae) and 2: Apple didn't sync any genius mixes to the iPod. If you loved the iPod nano before, you'll love it even more now.

Stay tuned for a video of these features on my youtube page.

Click me!

No comments:

Post a Comment